"For My house shall be called a house
of prayer for all nations." -- Isaiah 56:7
Join Us During 2016 For The
Daily Bible Reading
Reading the Bible for just 20 minutes a day can change the rest of your life. Join us for the Daily Bible Reading Challenge (DBR) as we commit to reading the entire Bible every day for the whole year.
Daily Bible Reading Resources
How to be Blessed When Reading God’s Word
- Begin 1st thing in the morning (the best time for devotions) and give yourself at least 20 mins.
- Before you start to read, begin with prayer asking God to reveal to you the lessons He wishes for you to learn each day.
- You can even record a journal of each day’s readings making any notes or thoughts that you discover. This journal can also include questions you may have that you would like to study further in more detail or study them with someone else at a later time.
- Once you have finished your reading, close with a time of prayer, reflecting on the lessons God revealed to you.
- Keep up with the reading daily! Don’t fall behind! But if you fall behind by more than a couple of days, just pick up with the current day’s reading schedule.
- Continue to plug through some of the “boring” parts of the Bible. God will open your mind to understanding you never thought would be possible… even through these parts of Scripture.
- Start or join a weekly “Book" club with the Bible where your group follows this reading plan. You can get together weekly for fellowship, prayer, & discussion on the reading.